Many people fall back on the technology of kneeling chairs when no conventional seats are up to ensure a correct position of the spine and comfortable hours at work. On the other hand, not many brands out there manufacture this kind of chair but there are enough models of great quality available in the market for you to rely on a top list of best purchases.
Today you will see seven of the best kneeling chair on reviews quite precise about what each design you would purchase have to offer as well as you will check all you need to know about these chairs before you get to purchase the ideal one. Our top list has seven different models, all greatly rated around the main web stores in the internet, so there will be no average products here as well as most of them are references in kneeling chair in the market.
Kneeling Chair Reviews
Varier Furniture Thatsit Balans Chair
The Varier Furniture brand is a reference and, we could say, authority when the matter is kneeling chairs. While not many manufacturers of kneeling chairs are available in the market, you will see in our list three products of the brand because their chairs are simply some of the best among the few different models of kneeling chairs in the market. The Thatsit is one of the best chairs of this kind you will find out there as well as one of the most expensive, which means it is the most refined model you can have. The chair is completely adjustable, made of organic materials and is a great option for many different people to use due to the flexibility of customization.
– Fully adjustable kneeling chair, including pivoting rests.
– Back rest also adjustable.
– Made on beech wood and cushions covered on wool.
– Offers a dynamic sitting position keeping your spine in its natural curvature.
– Design to distribute the tension so your body can find the equilibrium on its own.
– Allows your abdominal muscle to work sustaining the body, improving your torso musculature and reducing tension on back and leg muscles.
– Star price for $1295.
– Warranty for up to 2 years.
Varier Wing Balans Kneeling Chair
This second design developed by Varier works with a different concept, the open balans posture. It is equally designed to improve the user’s life quality relieving back pain and other postural issues, but the open balans inclination is also essential for people who are looking for a re-education of their sitting position especially on a work environment.
– Designed to support the body in the open balans kneeling posture
– Your spine find Its natural curve
– Improved the strengthening of muscles in the back
– Includes casters for work environment
– Adjustable height, ideal to adapt to all kinds of environments.
– Base made of recycled plastic.
– The function of the tilting seat and the shin cushions enables many adaptable sitting positions with the natural open angle between thigh and torso.
– Especially appropriate for people who have to bend forward at the desk while working.
– Warranty up to 2 years.
– Available from $655.
The Original Kneeling Chair by Varier
The last Varier of our list is their standard model, the most simple though most familiar design of kneeling chair and one of the most famous models in the market. It was originally designed by in Norway by one of the pioneers of the kneeling chairs, Peter Opsvik. While this model might not offer as fancy customizations as the previous models, it is still the core design of what this kind of chair is meant to be, with the same high quality of a Varier.
– Made of a lacquered wood frame and organic fabric of wool on seats and pads.
– Traditional Norwegian design.
– The original concept to promote spine alignment.
– Quite light, you can carry over your arm.
– Perfect for both children and adults.
– 1 year warranty.
– Available from $425.
Jobri Jazzy Deluxe Kneeling Chair
The Jazzy Deluxe is one of the most famous contemporary kneeling chairs, merging the Varier innovative design with essential adjustments available on modern chairs. For many people this might be the right answer, including a hydraulic height adjustment system, casters, tilt and durable materials.
– Made on visco elastic memory foam covered on a durable fabric.
– Includes hydraulic lift mechanism for height adjustment.
– Brushed aluminum base.
– Adjustable back height.
– Includes casters.
– Available on different colors (black, blue, red, grey, and beige).
– Modern design with the best of the kneeling chairs system.
– 1 year warranty.
– Available from $400.
Flash Furniture Mobile Wooden Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
Flash Furniture is another reference on kneeling chair designs. You will see out there a lot of models developed by the brand and among them two are here in our list and are a sure shot purchase, especially when you do not have around a thousand dollars to invest in this kind of purchase. The Mobile Wooden is a famous model made on gray cushions with quite simple casters and the frame of the furniture is all made on wood. Another traditional approach on kneeling chair designs.
– Maple wood frame.
– Thick protective cushions for the seat and knee rest.
– System of Casters with 4 wheels.
– Easy to assemble.
– Easy 3 way adjustment options of height.
– Quite affordable, available from $80 to $150.
Flash Furniture Mesh Back Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
This second model by Flash Furniture is the mix of mesh fabric chairs adapted to the kneeling chair necessities, even though we are just talking about the back of the chair. This is however a quite important singularity of this model. The mesh fabrics are one of the best ergonomic technologies for desk chairs and its use on kneeling chairs is more than welcome.
– Exclusive lumbar support made on mesh fabric.
– Cushions on thick padding.
– Adjustable height and back inclination.
– Design on scissor frame.
– Dual wheel casters.
– Model of reference # WL3520.
– Exclusive back rest on adaptable breathable mesh fabric.
– Seat can be adjusted to many different heights, great to match any kind of work surface.
– Warranty up to 1 year.
– Available from $120.
Steel-Frame Ergonomic Kneeling Posture Office Chair
The last model of our list is a more affordable version of the Varier original model, even though it works with a scissor design on the base of the furniture. The model yet includes a casters system. This is the core alike kneeling chair, has no back rest and is designed with a steady system with no adjustment, but is manufactured according to the ANSI/BIFMA standards, oriented to work with most different kinds of people. This is one of the few high quality kneeling chairs you will find for less than $100 in the market and a good option to test whether you like or not this kind of sitting concept.
– Seats and knee rests covered on durable fabric.
– Ergonomic seat cushion.
– Includes dual-wheel casters.
– Light, easy to mount (no need to assemble).
– Meets or exceeds ANSI/BIFMA standards.
– Available from less than $100.
Tips to Purchase the Best Kneeling Chair
Before you press the “Buy” click, some features and details are quite important when you are purchasing your kneeling chair:
- Measures limitations: be sure the kneeling chair you are interested on has the ideal adjustments for your own measures, especially your height. You have to appropriately adjust the distance between seat and rests to avoid creating a new incorrect posture. Some kneeling chairs are designed following ANSI standards and other regulatory references on health but are not adjustable, you have to check if they are in fact fit for you.
- Warranty Policy: while these chairs are quite simple, most of them have a caster system and are meant to be assembled. Check with the retailer and the original manufacturer the details of your warranty policy if any is included. The most praised and recommended designs cost quite much and you will not want to get stuck with malfunctioning casters or hydraulic cylinders after a while.
- Quality of the Cover’s Fabrics: some might look beautiful but they also might not offer too much resistance and adherence, and these two features are quite important. The seats and knee rests are inclined and you will not want to sit in a kneeling chair whose fabrics used in the covers are slippery. Likewise, is important the fabrics are resistant and resilient because you don’t want them to break with the pressure of your knees and gluts after some years.
What you Need to Know About Kneeling Chairs
This kind of chair is more than a different concept of seat for work at desks or tables, the kneeling chairs are indicated for correcting the posture of people with problems on the lumbar and spine but each design may offer exclusive features.
What’s the deal about the design of kneeling chairs?
A kneeling chair is designed to distribute the tension your body generates when sitting in the lower part of the body rather than on your back. This kind of chair was developed during the ’70s as an alternative way for people to sit for long hours during their work shift. The idea was born in Norway and includes the use of your knees to sit alongside the glutes. When the body sit still in the curved position suggested by the chair, the spine can find naturally its own balance and correct curvature.
Won’t they be as much uncomfortable as regular chairs after long hours at your desk without a back rest?
During many years there was a polemic around the efficiency of kneeling chairs, but in 2008 new academical researches proved that, yes, the chair can correct and help deliver pains in the back after long hours sitting, so this design in fact is better for working hours. People often rely on their backs when sitting, putting all the body weight against the spine, even thought it is meant to keep the balance of the body while standing up and not as a cushion to recline when sitting, but the main issue about sitting using the spine is during working hours when we have to recline against desks or tables. The chair is especially designed for office ambient.
Is there a better design among all the models available?
That depends on the issue you are dealing with. Some designs include a lower back rest, especially developed for people with postural issues in the lower part of the lumbar, but other designs – the most traditional ones – the kneeling chair has only the seat and the knee rests. Is said that people should not rely on the inclusion of the back seat as a more comfortable version of these chairs, but it won’t help people with no problems on the lower lumbar, actually might cause a new issue if you count on that back rest to find a postural position.
Evaluate Your Needs
As you can see, kneeling chairs are not all the same and depending on your issue you will know better what is the perfect fit for you – and exactly how much you have to spend. You can also get the best indication for your problem from professionals that use these chairs during their treatments. If you do not have any health issues and is looking for a new way to sit more comfortably, no problem, you can also try a kneeling chair, but start with the most traditional design preferably.
Related Articles :