Wiper blades might take a while until you notice they are not working well, but in general when you look for a replacement with the original manufacturer, you might as well think you are seeing by the dirty windshield and seeing in double because the prices might not be the most accessible. From $100 to $150 wiper blades of the original manufacturer to great quality OEM parts that are are greatly rated and much more accessible, you can get yours with more economy but still buying big. Let’s head to see a top 5 of the best windshiled wiper blades in the market and all you need to know when you are going to buy yours.
Best Windshield Wiper Blades : Our Top Reviews
SilBlade FLX Premium Beam Wiper Blade Set
The FLX is a renowned brand producing windshield wipers quite modern and versatile. Their windshield wipers are compatible with a lot of current cars in the industry and they also are eco-friendly with no plastic packages.
- Available on sizes 16″ to 24″
- Frameless wiper blade
- Compatible with most modern cars, the design was released on September 2014 and fits more than 4 different adapters
- The frameless wiper blade prevents the rubber to break
All versions of this windshield wiper blade are rated 4 and a half stars. That says something because they are the most expensive of our list, $ 35,000.
Bosch ICON Wiper Blade
Bosh has several different wiper blades out there and all them are greatly rated and as well, offer great quality and performance. The ICON series is one of the most famous currently, available for several different models of car and with the best the Bosch technology can offer.
- Bosh Adapter, which is universal to attach the windshield wiper blade easily to any car
- Exclusive FX Dual rubber technology resistant to heat and ozone deterioration
- The wiper blades are sold as 40% more resistant than others because of the FX dual rubber technology
- The arc is flexible and will adjust to the curvature of the windshield, being fit to several different cars
This Bosh windshield wiper blade is rated 4 and a half stars in the web, and is available in several different sizes. The original price is around $25 but you can find them on promotional sale for $20.
AERO Premium All Season
Aero is also a $20 quote kind of windshield wiper blade and they are also very popular among customers. On the other hand, the Premium model is not that versatile when it comes to car models and will fit only for one kind of model of windshield adaptor. On the other hand, it is the most common in the automotive industry, the J-Hook.
- Direct OEM replacement with aerodynamic design, reducing the friction
- DuPont exclusive technology, has a teflon coating increasing smoothness and resistance
- It will prevent the windshield to frost up or sediment snow. The design also prevents the rubber to perform attrition and deteriorate the wiper blades
- The brand offers a 6 months warranty. You can find a pair of any of the available sizes in the market
4 and a half stars. You can find it on promotional sale for up to $17.
Trico Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade
Trico works with a design shorter but wider, though they really make good use of this differential to provide great windshield wipers. They also are an OEM brand so they will offer a standard appearance that fits most cars in the market.
- Adaptor is pre-assembled to ease the installation
- This is the only model that will only need a click and the installation is done. Available in almost all sizes and fits several different models of Prius.
4 and a half stars from over 200 different buyers on Amazon.
ACDelco 8-2221 Professional Performance
Our last model is the only one accessible under the $15 quote, though it is also quite popular and efficient in the opinion of the customers. The design of the ACDelco is much more classic, wide and the rubber of the blades is attached on metallic arms.
- Resistant arms made of still. Wide ranged wiper blades
- Epoxi coat to prevent corrosion caused by heat and weather conditions in general
- Compatible with several different models of cars
- Is the most ideal OEM brand for GM cars
4 and a half stars. You find these on promotional sale for under $10.
Tips When Picking up the Best Windshield Wiper blade for your car
The size of the wiper blade is all that matters when it comes to compatibility?
No. When you are buying a replacement for your windshield wiper blades, you have to know also what is the kind of joint of the wiper blade arm of your car. There are around 6 different standard types in the market, the J hook (the most common), the top lock in two styles, bayonet, side lock and side pin. Not all windshield wiper blades will have models available for all these kind of joints so you have to check before you buy yours. The more modern your car is, the more modern the wiper blades will have to be, so pay attention to the date release of the product since the design will matter a lot for quite recent cars.
Plastic or metal alloys?
When it comes to the arm of the wiper blades, it all depends of the original wiper blades that came with your car. Older models often are made of metalic materials and the engines of such wiper blades are strong enough to move the rear blades back and forth. Plastic models though doesn’t have engines strong enough to cope with heavy metallic arms, so follow the originals of your manufacturer.
Does the wiper blades have to be anatomically compatible with the curvature of the windshield?
No manufacturers develop perfect fit wiper blades thinking about the curvature of the windshield, but about how much the rubber and the arm can bend to follow them. More curved designs have proven to better work with many different kinds of car, though you always have to check whether it adapts well or whether it ends up too loosen up or too tight.
|Date of Release||Size||Joint|
|SilBlade FLX Premium Beam Wiper Blade Set||September 2014||16” to 24”||The 6 standard|
|Bosch ICON Wiper Blade||September 2011||13” to 28”||The 6 standard|
|AERO Premium All Season||January 2015||12” to 28”||J-Hook only|
|Trico Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade||October 2007||12” to 26”||J-Hook, Top locks and side locks|
|ACDelco 8-2221 Professional Performance||October 2007||10” a 26”||J-Hook and side ocks|