It’s fine that the first thing people usually stare at when your car is passing by is the shiny, fancy painting on the bodywork of your car. On the other hand, doesn’t matter how sophisticated it is, any flaws around will instantly draw the attention, especially for those envious and up to detract your car. Shiny tires are the last touch to let your car as neat as possible and surely people will notice the absence of that quintessential brightness down there.
Tire shines are considerably cheap acquisitions to take care of your car, the most expensive per unit would be 20 to 30 dollars and the most efficient ones you would have to apply only once every 2 weeks or so. Its quite a good investment. We are going to give you a profile of the 5 best tire shine available in the market as well as what you should pay attention to before you make your mind on the best product for your car.
Our Top 5 Reviews : Best Tire Shine
303 (30340) Aerospace Protectant Trigger Sprayer
- Powerful UV blockers prevent fading, cracking and premature aging
- Dries to a clear matte finish
- Restores lost color and luster
- Easy to use: Simply spray on and wipe dry
- Safe and effective for: vinyl, Plexiglas, carbon fiber, rubber, plastics and finished leather
- Provides superior protection against harmful UV rays that can cause discoloration, fading, embrittlement, cracking and/or chalking of surfaces
4 and ½ stars. The product is available for around $20 for 16 oz.
3M 39042 Tire Restorer
- Restores that deep black new look to tires
- Restores a deep rich natural appearance to exterior rubber bumpers or vinyl moldings
- Cleans and rejuvenates
- Non greasy formula
- Does not contain silicone
- Provides a deep black shine with satin finish
4 & ½ stars. Available for around $17 to $23.
Chemical Guys TVD10916 Silk Shine
- Works as a high-shine finisher for rubber, vinyl, tires and much more materials on your car
- Delivers a durable high-shine finish to rubber, vinyl, black plastics, tires, dashboard and even leather
- Weather-Tek formula is 5 times more durable than original Silk Shine
- Cleans and protects interior and exterior vinyl, rubber, plastics, tires and dashboard surfaces
- One application last for weeks
- Premium shine, 100 percent dry to the touch
4 ½ stars, you can find it by $18 to $10.
Armor All 40320 Tire Foam
- Non greasy formula, still waterproof and resilient to weather conditions
- Foam consistency, much more economic
- One easy step, just spray and walk away
- Intense foam activates on contact floating dirt away without scrubbing
- Conditioners nourish and restore your tire’s deep black look
- Blocking agents protect from harmful elements that can cause cracking and fading
4 & ½ stars, $10 to $15.
Meguiar’s G7516 Endurance Tire Gel
- Tire protectant gel stops tires from turning brown
- Lasts weeks, not days
- Water-resistant polymers
- Avoid mess of over spraying
- Lasts for weeks, even in the rain
4 & ½ stars, available from $8 to $11.
What is the difference between tire shine water based and oil based?
Both kinds of formulas are great, depending what you are looking for. The water based are much easier to apply and remove, will not easily grab all the dirty from the floor rather spread it far from the tires. On the other hand, oil based ones also work as a cover of protection for the tires since it won’t let go the protective cover that easy, so you can use it also to increase the tires’ life cycle.
Meanwhile, many people don’t like to wait this formula get as well as the cleaning in general of ani residual splash and would rather use water based cover so the application can also be performed on the furniture inside the car, as well as other details made of leather and plastic. And this get dry faster and can be removed and reapplied easier.
UV Ray Filter or Not?
Some tire shines have an addition of solar filters, and that is because doesn’t matter if it is metal or rubber, the UV rays will damage and fade the black of the rubber of the tires. They are quite good nonetheless, but sometimes it is not really necessary because the solution already contains a natural shine that will cover the tire. The UV filter is better to prevent the interior of the car de deteriorate with the sun.
|303 (30340) Aerospace Protectant Trigger Sprayer||16 oz.||Greasy||Yes|
|3M 39042 Tire Restorer||16 oz.||Gloss||Yes|
|Chemical Guys TVD10916 Spray able Dressing||16 oz.||Non-greasy gloss||Yes|
|Armor All 40320 Tire Foam||20 oz.||Foam||Yes|
|Meguiar’s G7516 Endurance Tire Gel||16 oz.||Gloss Gel||Yes|