Comfortable couches and sofas are for sure a wonder in anyone’s room, but nothing replaces the presence of a fancy sturdy recliner chair in your living room, the kind where you can sit comfortable for hours after a working day and even take a healthy nap. There are several different and innovative designs of recliners in the market, but the amount of options doesn’t mean all them are really that great and worth your money and a special spot on your living room. Today you will check here on our list a set of 7 of the best recliners, the most purchased and well rated in the market and have an idea about what is the best yet offered for this kind of furniture.
Our list includes only high rated but well priced and highly purchased pieces, so you will not find here models costing $150 because they were sold on millions when they have a quite average rate, only the models with the best ratio between these features show up on our selection of best designs.
But besides our list, do you really know what is the best on a recliner or what do you have to pay attention when purchasing your best recliner? Before we get to the names, we will briefly see some top key points that you cannot miss when deciding which chair you are going to take home.
Purchase Guide on Best Recliners
- Size – when it comes to individual chairs like this, size matters more than usual. While we will always opt for big couches and sofas because is useful and comfortable to have a lot of seats, recliners don’t have exactly to be super wide or super big. If you are going to purchase something only for yourself, you can opt among models that have custom size. Sometimes, in these cases is better the size that fits and not the ones that is bigger.
- Assembly – do not purchase furniture by the internet if the retailer is not offering the assembling, otherwise only buy already assembled chairs. Recliners can be quite complex to assemble, it will be a head ache so be aware.
- Warranty Policy – the more complex and meticulous, the better. There are chairs that are only covered, in full, for 1 to 2 years, others have each of its parts covered for different ranges of time, some offer a lifetime warranty. There are many options, don’t forget to check. This is a key factor to eliminate counterparts when you are undecided about many different models.
- Extra motion systems – if your goal is a quite comfortable and operative chair, don’t forget to check whether there are additional motion systems like swivel, lifting, casters, and so on.
- Reclining angle – the wider it is, the better. While recliners are sold differently from zero gravity recliners, you can find chairs that can get you on angles almost as wide as them. Zero gravity reclining is an almost 180º wide angle where the legs are above your heart, and you can find simple recliners that are near that. This allow you to have a second bed in your house.
- Ottoman – some models on our list include them for free, while other brands offer them separately or do not have one at all, because it is not necessary. The thing is, if your chair has a well designed layout with footrests, you will not really need one, so just consider them as an extra for real if you don’t need them. Ottomans are, on the other hand, a customizable foot rest, offering more options for you to rest your feet.
Best Recliners in 2016
Norwegian wood is among some of the finest woods in the world and anything made of it is at least of terrific quality. The Oslo Collection recliners might not be made entirely of wood, but the refinement for this material is likewise deployed on the production of the fabrics, cushions and design of the seat and the chair overall. Beside being a top recliner, this chair also has a swivel system and an ottoman. Made on refined leather and working with electric power for reclining, this chair is a sophisticated option that fits both any elegant decoration and comfort above all.
– Seats made on top grain leather
– Includes swivel system
– Frame made on Norwegian hardwood with rich walnut finish
– Model of reference: 58/LO3-40/103
– Includes back rest pillow along each side of the back cushion and headrest
– MX-2 foam, adapts to the body and weight of the user
– Multiple adjustment options for reclining positions
– Available from $940 to $1100
While the Oslo chair offers a lot of modernity, the Lane Furniture recliner is a delight for people looking for a classic outlook with a lot of quality as well. This model is also made on refined leather, has its reclining system based on manual control, with the classic reclining positions that a great recliner must have. This chair also offers a pompous warranty policy, very much worth the investment.
– Upholstered with top grain leather
– Includes reclining footrest
– Manual reclining mechanism
– Several different reclining positions
– Available on different colors, standard is the chocolate tri-tone
– Warranty policy covers frame on lifetime basis, 5 years on leather upholstery and 2 on padding and foam.
– Available from $1000
The Mac chairs have a concept similar to the Oslo ones. They are modern, stylish and minimalist. This model specifically is a little bit more slim and modest, but works also with the ottoman addition included and the swivel system. This chair however is not electric, so the reclining here is all manual, which makes it more affordable. This chair, and this brand, are also Norwegian, so you can be sure you will have that kind of high quality seat furniture.
– Manual reclining
– Includes swivel sysmte
– Ottoman is part of the chair and is included with the purchase
– Has adjustable headrest
– Made on top grain leather
– Norwegian manufacture, with alpine wood frame of high quality
– Available in several different colors, standard is Merlot
– Also has the ‘MX-2’ foam that memorizes the body of the user and adjust to weight.
– Available from $790 to $950
This Pulaski model is the typical contemporary daddy’s chair and it is not only about the design, more sturdy and less delicate, but also the array of features that come included in the chair like USB and STO ports, including side table to use laptops, cup holders and other features. It is a fun experience for all men – and women – who enjoy a biggy chair to keep yourself and all your stuff within reach.
– Made of top bonded leather
– Sturdy manual reclining chair
– Includes a board of gadgetry for digital use (USB and STO ports, table for laptop and tablet)
– Storage for devices, papers/magazines and two cupholders one on each armrest
– You can work and have fun while you are on your favorite chair
– Available on several different colors
– Available from $560 to $830
At Home Designs Scottsdale Contemporary Power Lift Recliner
At Home often approaches designs that are more family alike, so their chairs are often big and sturdy while still keep a sophisticated design to feet most decorative layouts. This recliner has its upholstery made on a refined micro suede fabric, java suede. The reclining of this chair offers a quite wide angle up to 140º, even though it is a manual system. On the other hand, this chair also works as a lift chair, with swing anchors, glued joints and corner blocks making a sturdy frame.
– Upholstery made on java suede
– Recliner designed on sinuous wire seating, with swing anchors for extra comfort
– Frame made on hardwood
– Manual reclining up to 140º wide
– Stitching with reinforced backing, strengthening the seams and reducing slippage and wear
– Easy to clean with back removable
– Available from $800
This design is a traditional high quality recliner model that most people think on when the recliner subjects comes to mind. The Jackson Furniture is specialized on indoors furniture and they are experts on pieces like this one just as plain, simple and comfortable as you need. This is also a budget option, while it is not that much more accessible, is the kind of cheap you can afford with no risk to purchase something crappy. This chair has been sold for millions of customers, is the 3rd generation of a series of successful chairs, made on comfortable chenille and sturdy hardwood frame.
– Chenille used on upholstery
– Hardwood frame
– Quite accessible reclining handle
– Quite comfortable, immersive foam on cushions
– Feet rest also quite padded
– Available in several different colors
– Available from $600 to $700
The last chair of our list is a Flash Furniture design. This brand also does great budget furniture and nonetheless this recliner a famous big seller. While it doesn’t offer a lot of fancy additions and features, it is a perfect recliner for a great price. Made on bonded leather, wide sized and structured on hardwood sturdy frame, the reclining system of this chair is also manual and has a quite accessible handle like our previous model.
– Manual recliner made on bonded leather
– Hardwood frame
– Accessible big handle for manual reclining
– Model of reference: MEN-DSC01078-BRN-GG
– Reclining angle is almost zero gravity
– Extra padded cushions
– Durable leather, easy to clean up
– Available from $ 350 to $800
The recliners industry has great options with creative and quite useful additions but you don’t have to spend too much if you are just looking for a comfortable recliner. The prices differences are big here while the comfort offered is not. From the most accessible chair of our list to the top one there is a discrepancy of up to $700 because of refined upholstery materials, design, source of the materials – imported or not – and additional accessories so is up to you the investment you are going to do. Just bear in mind the recliner is always the one that fits better your body and your decoration, so let yourself free to be picky, there is a lot of options in the industry that is for sure.