Not only grandma enjoys a ride in a comfortable chair glider, but also moms who are nursing, dads stressed out and anyone else who wants a comfortable moment and a push to fall asleep as comfortable as possible. Chair glide are still quite popular and there are many innovative designs for them lately, improving even more the glide experience.
While many of the most purchased models available are designed focusing in the comfort of nursing new borns, these chairs can be used by anyone who would enjoy a moment of comfort in such designs. We are going to take a look on seven of the most purchased and popular models available in the market these days and, before we take a look on each one of them, you will also get to know what great chair gliders have and what you cannot miss in the moment to make your purchase and find best chair glider.
Seeking the Best Chair Glider
Not all chair gliders follow the same recipe when it comes to manufacture, design and features in general, but they don’t have to follow one to be a great furniture in your house.
Are good chair gliders only the ones with wood glides?
There is this popular belief that only traditional wood gliders are efficient to swing on because the glide is smooth and soft and others are noisy and rude. That is not true. A bad finished wood frame will not provide a soft, silent ride, as well as any other material, the secret is the finishing and also the surface where you intend to use the chair. Chair gliders are better implemented over rugs or carpet, you don’t really need to worry about a preference of material for the glide arch when both surfaces – arch and floor – are flat and smooth.
What’s the difference of a rocking chair and a chair glider?
Careful to do not buy a pig in a poke. Rocking chairs are the core thing, the old wood chair that swings back and forth entirely made of wood, ideal to set on your porch. Chair gliders make use of the same gliding concept but they are actually padded with cushions, finished with comfortable, soft materials and can even have different gliding systems that mix other functionalities, like a swivel. You will see many chairs in our list that include a combination of both designs.
Can any chair glider be used as a nursery chair?
The idea is, yes, they can, but many designs are oriented for the nursery experience and they include extra pillows, cushions and other features that make the nursery more comfortable and helpful for the mother and the baby, like lockable gliding range, swivel movement and so on. It will depend only on what you are looking for to define whether a chair works good or not for your needs.
Best Chair Glider: Our Top Picks
Dutailier Nursing Grand Modern Glider Chair
Some of the best chair glider are designed focusing on mothers that are breastfeeding new born babies,and whether you are a mother or not, you can enjoy all the comfort of this kind of model because they are thought to provide the best experience. The Dutailler chair glider is an imported product that has feeding pillows included that can be used for extra comfort with a child on your lap or not, an adjustment of gliding positioning and also a reclining mechanism.
– Made of polyester (98%)
– Includes reclining mechanism
– Includes feeding pillows and custom adjustments for the chair
– Gliding range is adjustable in 6 different positions, so it is easier to sit and step out of the chair with a baby in the arms
– Nursing pillow can be used as extra back cushion
– Reclining mechanism allows you to adjust the backrest in any position.
– Available from $690
Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker
This chair glider may seems quite simple and minimalist, but the comfort and perfect dimensions it provides makes it one of the best rated chairs as well as one of the most beautiful gliders you can get. The seat and back are designed with an ergonomic ratio between width and length, while the glide arch is quite traditional and durable made of hardwood. An elegant and refined experience for a chair glider.
– Ergonomic seat
– Includes a backrest pillow
– Traditional gliding arch
– Made of polyester, linen and viscose
– Lengthy, comfortable seat
– Available in several different colors
– Modern, elegant design
– Available from $500
Enchanted Coronado Swivel Glider
This chair is another glider especially designed for nursery, but its trendy swivel gliding mechanism makes it a great chair for anyone. The base can glide and spin, so it is great for mothers requiring more movement in the chair with few efforts as well as it is a delight for any person who is enjoying a lazy moment and don’t want to step out of the chair so easily. The furniture includes extra comfortable and removable cushions.
– Spacious deep seating that is reversible
– High quality springs made of steel with triple reinforced joints, tubular ring base also all made of steel.
– 360º swivel
– Made of 100% polyester fiber
– Seats are removable, easy to clean and adjust
– You can spin and glide at the same time
– Optional ottoman to complete the set (not included with the chair)
– Available from $370
Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider
This chair is a mix between the modern design of the Sleepytime rocker and the swivel glider mechanism of the Enchanted Coronado. This babyletto chair has a great sturdy ring base that allows you to spin in the chair as it also glides. Has comfortable, discreet dimensions to fit small places and it will still work as a nursing chair while it is a beautiful piece in your baby’s room or lounge, living room.
– Made on 100% microsuede, waterproof and stain-resistant
– Metal base made on stainless steel
– Swivel + Gliding mechanisms
– Very easy to clean up
– Small dimensions, can fit anywhere
– Beautiful, modern design. You can have it in any ambient of your home
– Available from $300
Coaster Home Furnishings Modern Swivel Gliding With Metal Ottoman
While this chair is not that expensive as the other models – especially because it is not imported – it offers as much comfort and can be a great alternative for more robust chairs like the Dutailler, which costs the double of this one. Even though, this one offer the best of a gliding chair: swivel glide mechanism with steel ring base and, even better, the ottoman is included for free The chair is not a suspicious cheap, it it highly rated by buyers but simply more affordable because it is crafted within US.
– Sturdy gliding chair with swivel mechanism included
– Robust arm pillows
– Made on chenille
– Includes ottoman
– Both the chair and the ottoman work with the swivel gliding system
– Spacious seat
– Available from $280
Naomi Home Brisbane Glider Ottoman Set
One more tasty item on our list, this is also a set that includes the chair and the ottoman for quite affordable prices. The Naomi set is also designed focusing the nursing experience, so you will have large and comfortable seat with a nursing pillow, all made on plush fabric for a smooth touch. While this one doesn’t have a swivel, it glides using traditional mechanism and the exclusive ottoman also designed with a glide arch.
– Sturdy traditional nursing chair on plush fabric
– Foam filled with comfortable 100% polyurethane
– Includes ottoman
– Both chair and ottoman have glide system
– Traditional glide design
– Ideal for nursing
– Available from $160 to $200
Stork Craft Custom Hoop Glider and Ottoman
This Stork Craft chair glide is a similar model to the Naomi model, not exclusive focused on nursing but still providing the same kind of experience. The chair comes in a more subtle design even though it is as comfortable as the previous model and also includes lateral pockets for storing magazines and other objects. The glide system is also quite traditional with an glide arch made on wood.
– Traditional glide chair with base made on wood
– Comfortable removable cushions
– Lateral pockets for storage
– Works with the free included ottoman gliding
– Seats are removable so you can easily clean up spots
– Available in several different colors, including the wood base
– Available from $180 to $200
Glide All the Way
Chair gliders are not extremely complex at the point you end up with something limited in case you are purchasing in a budget and can’t spend too much on the top ones. While implemented cushion systems and customization of all sorts are always welcome, you can stick to simple models and improve on your own. Always focus on the chair that offer the best gliding system for you and the design that better fit your body.
How to Chose and Buy Best Chair Glider
Pay attention to some details as following before you finish your purchase:
- Warranty with Parts Coverage: Be careful with the retailer you choose to buy from depending the warranty policy they offer. Is important that chair gliders are covered with a warranty for parts of the chair, because you never know when the glider can go malfunctioning if they do not come already damaged. Warranties that only offer a new chair are not that useful after some years of use, when you will really need a coverage against damages.
- Removable seats: especially for nursery purposes, you will want the seats and cushions to be all removable. Imagine in case the baby puke or do something else even worst in the chair, you will not want to scrub the furniture for hours on your knees, better if you are able to remove the dirty part and wash it separately in the washing machine, for example.
- Measures: once again, have in mind the profile of the person or people that are going to make use of the chair. Some chair gliders are not fit for people of all sizes, as well as they are not all made with the same purposes. Be sure you are bringing home something that is fit for your purposes.