Everybody that must endures several hours of work at a desk knows that only a comfortable chair won’t work for most of the time, as comfort must means ergonomics, physio-therapeutic comfort. Today we will see a list with the best chair for back pain available right now in the market for all of you who are looking for a final solution on your issues while sitting on your desk, either home or on your office.
Many people who already suffer from health issues on the back knows that many comfortable seats can be a fake experience that last for some hours or, in some cases, for some months or few years as the chair deteriorates drastically and can’t offer anymore the same kind of comfort. Our list includes only top notch chairs that cost at least $300 and can endure for many, many years with no plain seats after a while or anything like that. It is not hard to find a good chair for back pain on this budget limit, but it also easy to fool yourself with many expensive sturdy pieces that are valuable for the leather rather than the ergonomics of its design, and this is really not what you need.
Before we get to our list, we will see a brief list of things you can bear in mind to help you decide which is the best chair, as well as tips to avoid the traps in case you want to go further and look for more models based on our recommendations.
Profile of a Top Best Chair for Back Pain
As we mentioned above, only fancy materials or a comfort that last for a while are not going to help anyone with problems on back pain. Most of the times you get a pain there because you are either not sitting correctly, the chair is not allowing you to sit correctly or the padding design of the chair is poor on providing a tension reduction on your body.
When we sit, simply physics happen. We are doing a force work against the chair due to the gravity pulling us down. The less resilient, flexible the material of the padding system of the chair is, the more your body will feel the aches of this battle of your flesh against the surface. Meanwhile, the frame of this chair will also be essential to keep your back aligned, with no tension, so you always have to focus on these systems.
– Patented padding: always prefer brands that design special cushion systems for their chairs. Does it look weird? not comfortable? strangely simple? It must be actually really good. Furniture industry is investing a lot of money on new materials that have special physical features that traditional seats with the simple lather and foam system do not provide.
– Smart frame system: the more adjusting options a chair have, the better. Sometimes it might seem too much, but is not. Each person has a specific body, weight distribution, height, among other unique relations of features. There is no such thing as a chair custom-made in the industry – at lest not for less than some 10k dollars – so you must stick to the one that you can adjust better to yourself.
– Warranty Policy: the more you invest in a chair like this, the longer the warranty policy must be. You will not want to spend thousands on a chair to have it malfunctioning after 1 year and no way to cover this expenses, as well as you will not want to buy a replacement part so soon. Most of the brands of our list offer at least 3 years but some can offer 12 to a lifetime length.
Best Chairs for Back Pain: Our List of Top 7
The brand of this chair needs little introduction though this chair for back pain surely does. It is one of the trendiest and most well praised releases in the last years on ergonomic chairs and one of the most successful designs developed by Herman Miller. No wonder this chair is over 1k dollars, the kind of investment that is really worth the price for people who endure several hours sitting at a desk and already suffer with back pain. The Embody has the patented organic charcoal rhythm fabric that offers an impressive tension reduction, extremely comfortable and auto adjustable. All the other additional resource of the chair are likewise adjustable.
– Made on charcoal rhythm fabric
– Graphite base and frame
– Includes adjustable handrest, armrest, seat pan depth, height, reclining tension and lumbar support.
– 6 ergonomic functions
– Currently the chair with most adjustable settings in the market
– Half assembled on box. Parts that require assembling are supported with all the necessary tools included in the package for free
– 12-years warranty policy
– Available from $1200
Steelcase is another brand famous for their office chairs and the Leap model is sold as their #1 design for ergonomic purposes and is one of the best chairs not only for back pain as well as to correct your spine while sitting. This chair has several patented adjustable settings, designed especially to adapt as much as possible to the user’s body and be as efficient as possible. This chair also makes use of exclusive fabrics that will make your body weight shape the chair and reduce the tension appropriately, ideal for long working hours at your desk. This one is a bit more affordable than the Miller one, but still a sturdy investment.
– Chair with patented technologies for adjustable settings
– Liveback – the back flexes with movement, emulate the natural shape of the spine
– Natural glide system – the seat glides to enable reclination and variate positions
– Adjustable sliding armrest system
– All settings are easy to adjust with intuitive handles
– The chair is 98-percent recyclable by weight, made of up to 30-percent recycled materials.
– Available in several different colors
– Available from $920
This chair developed by Ergohuman is the kind of sturdy composition that is all designed to provide efficient results to your body, and has as much tricks with its fabric than the Miller chair. Even though, the Me7Erg makes an intelligent use of the already famous mesh fabrics to provide an efficient system of tension reduction for ergonomic and therapeutic purposes. The chair is designed with different “sectors”, one as head rest, two for the lumbar, the seat and armrests.
– Designed on ergonomic mesh fabric
– Made on different sectors for each part of the body
– Several adjustable settings, from armrests to height and tilt of the back support
– Number of Referece: W09-01W09-01
– Adjustable to several different settings
– Ergonomic fabric that naturally adjust the tension while sitting
– Available on several different colors
– Available from $630
#4 Alpha 60H Executive Office Chair
The Alpha 60H is developed by Duorest Alpha, which is a brand with quite some good and praised designs in the market for ergonomic chairs. This is one of the best and most well rated models developed by the brand for back pain chairs and is a good middle therm between the previous models for its most accessible price. On the other hand, this chair has exclusive technologies, like the dual backrests design with personal adjustments for each of the parts, including the “spine” of the chair. You can emulate a perfect chair for your needs.
– Lumbar support is the split-fit dual backrests
– Includes seat slider and adjustable headrest
– Synchronized tilting system
– Seat made on special mesh fabric
– All parts have more than one adjustable setting (height, weight, reclination, etc)
– Armrests are slip-resistant
– Compliant with Cal 117 standards and Meets or exceeds all U.S. home office furniture industry standards (ANSI/BIFMA)
– Available from $550 to $800
DX Racer is famous brand of furniture for gamers and they manufacture exactly the kind of chair that you can rely on if your issue is back pains. The eSport like a great DX Racer chair is designed to support the user for several hours on a row sitting on your desk. The cost of this chair is not that high as our first three models because it doesn’t have a lot of patented exclusive technologies, but the quality is not far from them at all. The eSports chair has ergonomic exclusive seat, highly adjustable armrests and headrest and extra cushions.
– Ergonomic chair with adjustable arms
– Includes attachable cushion that works like a pivoting headrest
– Extra cushion for lumbar support
– Reclining adjustment
– Armrests can be adjusted for 8 different settings
– Seat reclines up to 170º
– Available in several different colors
– Available from $390
This chair is also developed by Duorest and has the same design of the Alpha 60H with some slight differences. One of them is the price, much more affordable, because once again, like our previous model, this chair doesn’t have that much refined fabrics. It works with traditional cushion systems but is not depriving you from the unique technology of Duorest chairs. The dual back rest, with adjustable options even for the spine of the chair are there too. The headrest and the seat are slightly different and also made on different fabrics. The price is more affordable but the chair is still extremely well rated.
– Fully adjustable dual backrests
– Includes adjustable headrest
– Adjustable pneumatic seat height
– Controls for tilt, tilt tension, and tilt lock
– Same Duorest patented design with lower costs
– Available from $350
Finishing our list of the best chairs for back pain, the Space 3000 is the last great option with the best price, and is still into our $300 budget – because less than that you already know it won’t work on your back pain. This chair has a simple design but work with the great mesh fabric that will provide a great relief for back pain, adjust naturally to your body and provide the right amount of tension release.
– Seat made on top grain leather
– Backrest made on air grid mesh fabric
– Adjustable lumbar support
– 2-to-1 synchro Tilt Control
– You can adjust tilt tension, height and reclining of the chair
– Made on sturdy steel pieces, supports up to 200 lb.
– Available from $315
How to buy a Chair for Back Pain
The less you need to assemble, the better. These chairs are in general complicated and require accuracy to be mounted. You will not want to endure the literal pain on your back due to a badly assembled chair. Most online retailers will not include professionals to assemble, so you should rather stick to them, buy them on physical stores or avoid half assembled/not assembled items
Most online sellers do not offer clear information on weight capacity, compatibility with height and other important measures. Be sure to pressure the retailer before you make your purchase and do not stop until you are officially assured on this information through technical information on manuals and other official media of the manufacturer. Asking if the chair supports up to 180 lb and getting a ‘Yes’ back is not enough, make them prove it before you order it.
Don’t be fooled by the first opportunity you see ahead. While the prices we are informing here in this list, for example, are updated until the publication of this same list, the market is always in battle. Search for discounts, promotions, selloffs. Either for the products we are recommending here or your own research, exercise your patience. Pay attention to the clearance sale season and hold on to make the best deal.
Don’t forget to always prioritize the materials of these chairs and pay attention to measures and adjustments. The best remedy for a back pain is not always the most expensive chair but the one that best fits your body, so chose wisely!
Related Articles :