While there is a lot of things you can apply on your car to make it look smooth and shiny, car waxes are an essential feature many people will not give up on. Here you will find 6 of the best car wax available in the market, as well as tips to how to use and which kind of application and results you can get from them.
Best Car Wax : Our Top Reviews
The P21S is probably the fanciest formulation you will find out there. It is the most expensive wax in our list (around 40 dollars while the others are around 10 to 15 dollars).
The Concours Carnauba is very easy to apply and has no synthetic additives, that’s why their formulation is also more expensive.
The P21S is as simple and straightforward as possible. Has no abrasive substances and other stuff that would make the application more delicate and require skills to apply.
This is rated 5 stars on sites like Amazon.com from over 100 different buyers.
- This variant of the carnauba application by the Chemical Guys is this cream formula.
- The Extreme Depth formulation is developed to work with many other products.
- You can use it before applying finishers as well as after applying polishers.
- Likewise, you can stick only to this formula and still have an outstanding shine.
- This creamy formula also has a X-Seal feature, a polymer that block the application against water and reacting with other chemicals from other products or substances of the atmosphere.
- You can apply it under the sun or in the shade.
5 stars at Amazon.com
The renowned brand has a lot of different formulas of waxes, but this one is their answer for the carnauba trend and some of the best car waxes developed recently.
The Gold Class formula is a quite traditional use of the properties of the carnauba and the application is quite simple and straightforward.
Besides the carnauba formula that gives the exclusive and famous shine over metallic surfaces, this wax also has special polymers that protect the bodywork against stains caused by rain drops and other kinds of agents.
This formula is rated 4 and a half stars in the web, from over 300 different buyers only at Amazon.
If you are already used to the liquid formulas of Meguiar – which are one of the big goals of their products since they become very simple to apply, their Ultimate Liquid Wax is the answer for people who are not fond on applying pastes and want to try new and innovative formulas.
- This one comes with very special, exclusive protective compounds, as well as the liquid has reflective polymers that increase the glowing.
- ThinFilm: a water repellent barrier, property of the paste waxes, exactly what many liquid waxes miss, but present in this formula.
- You can apply this liquid formula under the sunlight and over warm surfaces, it will not stain or go bad.
- With the ThinFilm, you get it and protects your car as well from liquid stains and the amalgamation of debris from the air and even organic compounds like birds poop.
Another 4 and a half stars product.
For those who want to apply waxes even at easier ways, another solution are the spray formulas.
- Quite versatile and easy to apply.
- You don’t have to pour it over the cloth and then spread, so this makes the use of this wax more economic.
- Water repellent, no metallic-exclusive compound, so you can apply it even on plastic surfaces and in the glasses of the windows, protecting and keeping it all clean and water proof.
The Turtle formula has a UV protection to prevent the finishing of this formula to fade away faster.
4 and a half stars from over 100 different buyers.
You will find around the web a respectful amount of popular formulas developed by Chemical Guys. They produce some vintage top notch products that are extremely well rated, the Butter Wet Wax is one of them.
- You will find around the web a respectful amount of popular formulas developed by Chemical Guys.
- They produce some vintage top notch products that are extremely well rated, the Butter Wet Wax is one of them.
- Chemical Guys Vintage Series Butter Wet Wax.
- This butter is also a carnauba response developed by the brand.
- UVA and UVB filter additions, provides a wet shine that is quite characteristic of their formula. What is glossy for other brands is pale compared to the glossy wet shine of the Butter Wet Wax
4 and a half stars, almost 300 different buyers.
Buying the Best Car Wax : Purchase FAQ
Are Car Waxes and Polishers the same thing?
While you might get confused about whether there is a difference between all the products developed to “apply over your car’s bodywork”, waxes are, yes, a special and quite different product. Many polishers might have wax included in their formulas, but they are meant in fact, to polish, repair, remove physical defects and stains. Waxes do not do any of these things, they only apply a glowing layer to your vehicle.
Car Waxes are Removable?
No. They are not, once again, polishers or finishers. As you have seen in our list, most of them use organic sources like the carnauba as a base compound and they rarely have abrasive substances in their formula. That’s because waxes are meant to just cover the bodywork of the car with a waterproof and glowy cover layer and they must not be aggressive.
Sunblock Filters are Mandatory?
No. Most liquid wax should have, but paste waxes don’t need UVA/UVB filters. Liquid solutions are synthetic, then you must find in the formula the presence of solar filters or an equivalent – Meguia’s Liquid Wax has the ThinFilm feature that works like a sun blocker, for example. Paste formulas are already greasy and naturally can bar the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
What the best car wax is NOT?
You have to stay away from the synthetic alike paste waxes. Many of them are cheap and provide a poor, short lasting result. If you are going to stick with chemical special formulas, you should rather buy the liquid versions as it is very difficult to find good synthetic paste waxes.
|Amalgamation||Wax Source||Sunblock Filters||Additives|
|Meguiar’s Gold Class||Paste||Carnauba||No||None|
|Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax||Solution||Synthetic||No||Waterproof polymers|
|Turtle Wax ICE Spray||Solution||Synthetic||Yes||Waterproof polymers|
|Butter Wet Wax||Paste||Carnauba||No||None|