No one likes a smelly though not everybody likes car with perfumes way too much strong or artificial. There is a big variety of air fresheners out there that do much more than mask bad smells, it all depends on your criteria looking for one – if you are not transporting pets, is normally tidy and organized, just a normal air freshener with a perfume will work for you. On the other hand, air purifiers or odor absorbents will work much better to avoid the source of bad smells.
All the products in our list are in the same range of prices since air fresheners are not really that expensive, the most fancy ones will cost around 30 to 40 dollars, while a pack full of common simple air fresheners to perfume the air will cost around the same price. And of course, all these products are greatly rated.
Best Car Air Freshener : Our Top 5
PURGGO Car Air Freshener
This air freshener is much more than a “stink masker” and is not meant to add special scents to the ambient inside the car. This air freshener actually absorbs all odors in the air and works efficiently for up to one year.
- Made of bamboo charcoal, a natural odor absorbent, has no perfumes
- Lasts for up to 1 year
- Ideal for people allergic to certain synthetic perfumes, or for people who are annoyed easily by the strong scent of air fresheners
- Is 100% organic. After a year, you can get rid of it using the bamboo charcoal as a fertilizer for your garden.
Is the first 5 stars unanimous air freshener of our list. This product costs the same as the full packs of the previous fresheners but it lasts much longer.
EXTRA-O Car Purifier
This is another ultimate technology air freshener, and while the Purggo absorbs the odor from the air, this Extra-O freshener really refreshes the air since it is an air ionizer, catching many substances in the air and converting them to non-aggressive or smelly substances.
- Really refreshes the air, removing chemicals and eliminating bacteria and other microorganism in the air with its ionizing system.
- Works connected to the charger of your car.
Removes bad smells, from cigarette smoke to bad odors.
This is also a 5 stars product – with the same average price of all products of our list.
Little Trees Royal Air Freshener
If you have never seen one of these for real in front of you, you probably have already seen it in movies or TV shows. The Little Trees are the most popular air fresheners for cars and you can find many different versions of this practical freshener.
Easily attached, decorative and you can also find it on many different scents, from the classic Pine to Vanilla and Black Ice, among many others.
The little trees are quite popular because they last for a long, very long while and you can buy a pack with several ones at once 6 to 24.
It is a 4 and a half stars product overall around the web. And that for all its different scent versions.
Treefrog Natural Air Freshener
These are options a little bit more sophisticated of air fresheners, though they are as effective as the little trees and other more popular versions of air fresheners. The big deal about them is their perfumes which are more unique.
If you are just looking for a air freshener and not decoration, this is your call. These air fresheners are meant to be placed under the seat.
Imported from Japan with the best Japanese technology, very strong scent, that’s why they can be placed in hidden places
4 and a half stars, including different versions of the air freshener
Febreze Car Vents Clips
This air freshener is a quite different level of technology. It does more than spread perfume inside the car though it is sold in less unities and costs the same as a full packs of the previous fresheners.
- Activating clip technology. Each sachet can last for up to 30 days.
- Discrete and modern visual
- It works as an air freshener and air cleaner, eliminating odors and perfuming the air
- Many different fragrances
- You can control the intensity of the perfume
Nonetheless, a 4 and a half stars air freshener
Tips To Buy The Best Car Air Freshener
Air fresheners are air purifiers?
Yes and no. As we have seen, some have purifying technologies or are simply a purifier, while others are just scented air fresheners. If you are looking for a product that really purifies the air, pay attention to the specifications. Most air fresheners will just add some pleasant smell but will not remove bacteria or bad chemicals from the air.
How Long a Good Air Freshener will last?
A great air freshener must last at least 30 days (each cartridge when they are discardable) and of course, each one of these should be priced reasonably. The products of our list last from 45 to 60 days, not counting the air purifiers that will take much longer since they are not about perfume cartridges.
What If I’m allergic?
It is always about trying, testing and reading labels. Most of these air purifiers make use of synthetic scents and the chemicals are all listed in the formula. On the other hand, there is no way to find out if you are allergic or annoyed to a certain smell before you try it. Most of these air fresheners are available as single cartridges so you don’t have to stick with a full pack before you are sure you like them.
Perfume Duration Freshening Method
- Little Trees Royal Air Freshener Yes (several scents) 45 to 60 days Hanging Freshener
- Treefrog Natural Air Freshener Yes (several scents) 45 to 60 days Under seat cartridge (not attachable)
- Febreze Car Vents Clips Yes (several scents) 30 to 45 days Clip cartridges (attachable on surfaces)
- PURGGO Car Air Freshener No Up to 1 year Hanging Freshener
- EXTRA-O Car Purifier No 1 year or more Electric (attachable to charger of the car)