They are out there for a long while already and even though their design is quite simple and of low cost, the adirondack chairs are still quite popular, simply because few kinds of chairs can be as comfortable as possible when it comes to outdoor furniture and there are a lot of models available out there in the market. We bring to you today a list with seven of the best adirondack chairs available in the market, among the best sellers and rated products.
Even if they are simple and often minimalist, a good adirondack chair doesn’t come as easy as it seems, especially because most of them cost very few and might be confusing to decide whether you are considering a good or bad one since there will not have a big pricey difference between them. All the products we did select here are quite popular among the most selling models in the market and you can find them as well on sale with physical retailers.
And before we get to our list, you will also see a brief list on what a great adirondack chair has and all you cannot miss when you are purchasing your model.
Adirondack Chair’s Profile
A true adirondack chair will always offer a wide angle for the seats, where your knees stand above the height of your hips. This kind of reclining position offers a comfortable position for the body, nonetheless is the kind of design used in the famous Barcelona chairs. There are adirondacks that are not that inclined, avoid them as they are ‘inspired’ in the design and not really true to the original model.
while the traditional chairs are made on hardwood logs, these days there are many options of adirondack chairs made on synthetic materials or compounds that include a particular mix of woods. The original woods used for adirondack chairs are the hardwoods, among them cedars, oaks, walnuts among others. While some woods are often too expensive for this kind of chair, they are still preferred because are highly durable. The synthetic options however can be as much durable and efficient.
while is always better to have something already assembled and ready to use, most adirondack chairs require an assembling, but it is quite simple. The system of screws is often very easy to deploy and you will also be able to fold it further on. Some chairs will even allow you to recline them if this kind of design is included in the hardware of the chair. For sure it will be better especially if you are looking for a chair that can be used for sunbath or an occasional nap outdoors.
- Materials and Finishing: Adirondack chairs can be set for many different purposes on outdoors. Depending what you are looking for, you have to consider the materials used in the chair and how much ready to use they are. If you plan to purchase something flexible for your style, better stick to real wood chairs. They can be sanded and prepared easily for new paint coatings. Synthetic materials are not adaptable thought are long lasting in the way they are.
- Hardware material: It won’t work to have a resilient wood or synthetic wood in the frame of your chair if the assembling hardware is made of non resistant materials. Always prefer stainless steel screws system.
- Weight capacity: you also have to check whether the chairs you are intending to purchase are resistant for you and people who are supposed to use it. Most manufacturers do not inform this promptly but they won’t omit it if you inquire them. Always try to stay away from the limit measure. Likewise, don’t forget to check the measures of the chair since there are different designs just like clothes size for different users.
List of Best Adirondack Chairs
Trex Outdoor Cape Cod Adirondack Chair
The Trex chairs are some of the best outdoor options you can have when it comes to durable materials. The Cape Cod series has several adirondack chairs on different colors and textures, a refined quality, patented materials and light, easy pieces for transportation. Trex understands what customers look for on adirondack chairs and they developed their own industrial lumber, a patented material that makes their furniture sturdy pieces perfect for the outdoors. And just like a top best adirondack chair would be, the Cape Cod series has several different colors and textures, so you can easily find the best option for your decor style.
- Adirondack chair made on patented solid lumber
- Assembled on stainless steel hardware
- Foldable chair
- The HDPE lumber is an exclusive patented material resistant to all environment elements for a long time
- No finishing required
- No need to assemble
- Available on several different colors
- Available from $300 to $445
Highwood Hamilton Adirondack Chair
An adirondack chair doesn’t have to be really made of wood to be a great option to purchase. This Highwood Hamilton chair is made of a proprietary material developed by the brand, the highwood synthetic wood, which captures the natural beauty of wood chairs better because it lasts for long against any environment elements. Besides the long lasting beauty, this chair has folding and reclining adjustments as well as it has a stainless steel frame. Perfect for the outdoors.
- Made on durable synthetic wood
- Folds and reclines
- Assembled with 304 grade stainless steel hardware
- Includes a patented surface ‘natureTEX’. It is synthetic but resembles wood even better than finished pieces
- The stainless steel hardware allows you to set and leave the chair outdoors
- Available on several different colors and textures
- Available from $360 to $430
Lifetime Adirondack Chair
Lifetime is a famous brand on the furniture manufacturing department, and their outdoor products are among some of their most famous products. Their adirondack chair is a quite sturdy, traditional design that is made of high quality wood protected not only against the weather but also against the radioactive effects of the sun on organic materials. Like all chairs seen in our list, the Lifetime chair also is constructed on a stainless steel hardware frame. While it doesn’t offer a wide array of different colors, this is the kind of standard adirondack you would like in your house if you are looking for something more traditional.
- Made on simulated hardwood protected against UV
- Stain resistant finish, protection against weather elements
- Stainless steel hardware
- Weight capacity up to 300 lb
- Resistant to time fading
- The finish protects against cracks and peels
- 4-step easy assembling
- Available from $200 to $240
Merry Cape Cod Adirondack Chair
This Cape Code series developed by Merry – don’t mistake it by the Trenx – is a nonetheless valuable and fancy concept of Cape Code design, but different from most models here, the Merry design is for people that are really looking for something more traditional, real wood, for real, even if that means you have to endure the consequences of this kind of construct on outdoors, even though it is finished with a protective paint and is as durable as traditional adirondack chairs. The wood implemented in this model is the strong acacia.
- Cape code design on natural acacia hardwood
- Painted with protective paint finish against weather elements
- Foldable chair
- Natural wood material
- Endures as much as traditional chairs, natural look
- Easy to transport and store when not in use, you don’t have to let it exposed constantly in the open
- Design has ergonomic, contoured seat
- Available from $120 to $200
Patio Sense Coconino Wicker Adirondack Chair
This model developed by Patio Sense is the most unusual, innovative of our list but also the most delicate and fancy. The Coconino was developed with wicker fibers, a perfect beach house alike kind of adirondack chair. The use of wicker allows this chair to have a more stylish design even though it is still a adirondack construct. While the wicker used here is synthetic and can endure the weather elements, this chair comes with cushions that are not supposed to take a shower under the rain and other aggression of the ambient, so this is the kind of chair you have to keep under a protective roof outdoors: your porch, balcony, gazebo, etc. Nonetheless, is the most modern and fancy one of our list.
- Made on synthetic wicker fibers
- Frame made on stainless steel
- Includes a beige cushion
- Not foldable
- Synthetic fibers won’t perish under the weather influence
- No need to assemble
- While it is not foldable, it is easy to transport
- Easy to clean, cushion is removable
- Available from $160
Kilmer Creek Folding Cedar Adirondack Chair with Ottoman
This is the chair developed by Kilmer Creek and is a model developed for those who really want a raw chair for their outdoors. The Kilmer Creek Adirondack is made on natural red cedar wood and has no additional finish. This kind of wood will last for many years and will fade to a vintage grey coloration as the time goes by. The chair is ideal for people who are looking for a plain, raw model to stylish. You can apply later any kind of finish and paint your wish as the wood is ready for applications of this kind. The hardware of these chairs – the screw systems – is made on stainless steel and you can also apply a protective finish over them after the assemble.
- Folding chair made on red cedar wood
- Ready for the application of finish and paint
- Hardware made on stainless steel
- Includes an ottoman
- Raw design, you can apply whatever color and finish you wish
- Red cedar wood will naturally fade to a rustic, classic gray tone if you wish to use the chair au naturalle
- You can easily attach cushions, including in the ottoman
- Assembling is quite easy
- After that the chair is easy to transport as it is foldable
- Available from $160
Lakeland Mills Cedar Log Lounge Chair
This is an even more hardcore outlook when it comes to adirondack chairs. The Lakeland chair is made on white cedar and has a rustic design, made with almost raw wood logs though the seat is made with ergonomic wood planks sanded with mastery to fit perfectly the body. Nonetheless this chair is a top rated seller, you can as well as the previous model, apply any kind of finishing you wish, defining your own particular decorative options for color.
- Made on white cedar wood, which is resistant to insects and weather elements
- Raw sanded logs and planks of wood
- Hardware on stainless steel
- You can apply any kind of finish and paint cover
- White cedar is highly resistant and has the traditional golden color of adirondack chairs
- The wood is extracted from a renewable resource, byproduct of the log home industry
- Available from $ 130
To sum up our list, a quick resume about our chairs and their key features to help you decide which one is the best for you:
- Trex Cape Cod – proprietary mix of lumber (HDPE), several different colors
- Highwood Hamilton – synthetic wood, patented surface natureTEX
- Lifetime Adirondack Chair – simulated hardwood anti-UV
- Merry Cape Cod – acacia hardwood, finished
- Patio Sense Coconino – wicker fibers, cushion included, non-foldable
- Kilmer Creek Folding Cedar Adirondack – red cedar wood, no finish, includes ottoman
- Lakeland Mills Lounge Chair – white cedar, no finish, green product (renewable source)
- Best High Chairs on Market
- Best Sofa 2015
- Chair for Back Pain Reviews
- Cheap Recliners 2015
- Best Beach Chairs